Communities team privacy notice
You can also find out about the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018.
Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
- manage BH Coastal Lottery
- manage Bournemouth & Poole Sustainable Food City Partnership
- support community groups and trustees to run 9 Community Centres across Bournemouth
- provide funding advice, support and guidance to voluntary sector organisations
- support communities to run event and activities, meetings and forums
- oversee the delivery of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) In Bournemouth
- manage the street markets in Boscombe and Christchurch
- manage community focussed contracts and Service Level Agreements
- manage Asset of Community Value nominations under the Localism Act.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- to process applications for Market Traders
- to provide funding/grant information and updates
- to keep you informed about community projects and activities which you have consented to being contacted about
- to process customer enquiries, complaints and compliments
- to evaluate statistical indicators, determine trends and monitor customer demand in relation to any of the services provided by the Communities Team
- to process Asset of Community Value nominations.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Local Government (Miscellaneous provisions) Act 1982.
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet:
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Consent: you have given consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, or purposes.
Special category personal information - We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information (for example):
- Public interest: the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (see Appendix A)
- Consent: you have given explicit consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes.
How to withdraw your consent
Where you have been asked to provide your consent to processing you can withdraw it at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact or talk to the officer in the Council who has been providing the service or services to you.
If you do not have an officer that you have regular contact with, please make your request to withdraw consent to our Customer Services team.
Remember to tell us which service or services your request applies to, so that we know who to send it to within the Council.
Who we may share your information with
- Other Local Government departments including those in other Councils: Housing & Customer Service, Revenue & Benefits, Planning Services, Regulatory Services, Legal Services, Adult Social Care, Safeguarding, Financial Services, Drug & Alcohol Statutory Team, Commissioning Service, Technical Services.
- Elected Members
- Central and Regional Government Departments
- The Police and Criminal Justice System: National Probation Service, Community Rehabilitation Company, Dorset Police
- Trading Standards Agency
- Benefits Agency: Department of Work & Pensions
- HM Customs and Revenue.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for 7 years or as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, Data Protection Act 2018.
How you can contact us:
Town Hall E4