Highcliffe and Walkford Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the submitted plan
The Highcliffe & Walkford Neighbourhood Plan has been produced by the Parish Council. They have prepared all supporting documents and have now formally submitted their Neighbourhood Plan proposal to us.
As the local planning authority, the council is required to consult on the neighbourhood plan proposal before the examination takes place. The consultation period will run from Friday 1 October until Friday 12 November (midnight). This is an opportunity for individuals and organisations to raise comments they have about the plan with regard to the content, and how it has been prepared. An independent examiner will be appointed, and all responses received by us will be passed on to them for consideration as part of the examination process.
The Highcliffe and Walkford Neighbourhood Plan is available to view together with the supporting documents which are as follows:
- BCP Council and Dorset Council Strategic Green Belt Assessment (2020)
- Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole Cycle Map (2019)
- BCP Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document (2021)
- Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole Travel Survey (2019)
- Building for a Healthy Life – A design toolkit for neighbourhoods, streets, homes and public spaces (Birkbeck et al) (2020)
- Christchurch and East Dorset Local Plan Part 1 – Core Strategy (2014)
- Christchurch Borough Council Local Plan (2001) saved policies
- Christchurch Borough-wide Character Assessment (2003)
- Eastern Dorset 2015 Strategic Housing Market Assessment (Christchurch Borough Summary)
- English Housing Survey Floor Space in English Homes (2017)
- English Coast Path: Mudeford Quay to Chewton Bunny and Highcliffe to Hurst Spit – Natural England’s Proposals (2017/2018)
- Highcliffe High Street, Highway Improvements Study (2020) Paul Basham Associates
- Local Transport Note 1/20 Shared Use Routes for Pedestrians and Cyclists, Department for Transport (2021)
- National Planning Policy Framework (2019)
- Open Space, Sport and Recreation Assessment – Christchurch and East Dorset (2008)
- Quantifying the extent of space shortages: English dwellings, Building Research & Information – report by Malcom Morgan & Heather Cruickshank (2014)
- Technical housing standards – nationally described space standard (2015)
- The 2020 High Street Report, written by Salman Haqqi (2020)
- The Future Homes Standard: Consultation on changes to Part L (conservation of fuel and power) and Part F (ventilation) of the Building Regulations for new dwellings (2019)
- Bournemouth Christchurch & East Dorset Joint Retail and Leisure Study Volume 1 – Final Report (2017)
- 2011 Census Tables (various including KS101EW – Usual resident population; KS102 EU – Age structure; KS401EW – Dwellings, household spaces and accommodation type; KS403EW – Rooms, bedrooms and central heating; QS416EW – Car or van availability, and using Highcliffe, North Highcliffe and Walkford and West Highcliffe wards (to represent the Neighbourhood Plan area).
If you wish to comment, please fill in the response form below by the end of Friday 12 November 2021.
Comments on the plan can be emailed using the response form (word version) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The planning policy team are working remotely for the foreseeable future. We would therefore ask that interested parties refrain from sending response forms by post, if at all possible. However, if you have no alternative, then print the pdf version of the response form, complete and send to:
Planning Policy Team – Neighbourhood Planning
PO Box 9548