Search for applications
Building control records are classified as public documents and can be made available for public access.
We can provide building control records for properties on request. We charge a search charge, admin charge and copying charges for documents as follows:
| Type|| Charge|
|Search fee of our records
||£50 plus VAT (£60). Charge payable per property address
|Approval Notice, Rejection Notice or Conditional Approval Notice
||Included in search fee and payable per notice
||Included in search fee and payable per certificate
|A3 and A4 photocopies (including A3 and A4 plans)
||50 pence plus VAT (60 pence) per side
|Admin charge for copying drawings in-house
||£10 plus vat (£12) Max A3 size
We use an external company to copy microfilmed drawings back to their original paper size. We also offer a scanning facility to scan drawings on to CD for an additional charge provided upon request.
Please note that:
- the search charge will still apply for viewing microfiche records
- charges are non-refundable.
- we only hold records for Poole from 1990 onwards (Detailed information about individual properties prior to this can be obtained by contacting the Dorset History Centre by telephone 01305 250 550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- documents provided by designers are subject to copyright law and requests for copies of drawings, calculations or other documentation should be accompanied by evidence of the designer’s consent.
- copying is not permitted during the viewing of microfilms or documents by camera or any other means. requests may take longer than 10 working days.
All requests for information will generally be provided within 10 working days of receipt of requests where the necessary charges have been paid. Method of payment that we accept are cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
Where verbal confirmation of site conditions or any outstanding contraventions/inspections are required the matter will be passed to one of our Surveyors for action. They will then determine the validity of the request and make a judgement about the extent to which information can be provided.
Please contact us if you wish to make a search request.