Report misuse of a Blue Badge
Before you report misuse
Before making a report, it is important that you're aware of some common misunderstandings:
- the badge is issued to a person, and can be used in any vehicle they travel in
- badge holders don't always have a physical disability. They may hold a badge due to severe behavioural problems, which makes it unsafe for them to walk long distances
- badge holders can be any age and even children under 3 can hold a badge, when bulky medical equipment (like ventilators and oxygen) needs to be close by, or if they need urgent access to a vehicle in order to receive medical treatment
- some badge holders have been given a badge because they are terminally ill, and their mobility is expected to increasingly worsen.
Report suspected misuse
Before you start:
All misuse reports need to be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need as much information as possible to help us with our investigations, such as:
- name of the badge holder
- badge serial number
- times and locations the misuse takes place
- vehicle details (e.g. model, make and colour)
- a description of the person using the badge.
If you wish to upload any evidence, like social media screen-shots or short video footage, please be aware this may be used in court proceedings.