Contractors parking dispensation in the Bournemouth area
If you drive a commercial vehicle, or are a contractor and need to park in a restricted area for a job, you need to apply for dispensation.
You must apply at least 3 days before the start date of the works.
If the dispensation is approved, we'll email you with payment details. Your permit is then valid once payment is received. Please note, you'll be issued a virtual permit - you won't have the hassle of a paper permit to worry about.
- £18.40 for one day (per vehicle)
- £36.80 for one week (per vehicle)
- £72.50 for two weeks (per vehicle).
You can pay by debit or credit card.
A dispensation permit is only issued for a maximum of two weeks at a time.
If it is an emergency job, please phone 01202 128 900 to speak to a Parking Services operations supervisor to see if you can have permission.
Terms and conditions
- failure to comply with these conditions will lead to the withdrawal of the dispensation. It may also result in the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice
- this is not a general dispensation. It is only issued in respect of the vehicle, dates, location and purposes approved by us
- materials or goods must not be deposited on the foot way or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle). Nor shall they be passed across any part of the foot way or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or of other vehicles
- the dispensation does not permit general parking at the location stated. The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished
- the applicant/driver must display clearly a telephone number and/or address at which he/ she can be contacted immediately
- the applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a police officer or a civil enforcement officer authorised by us
- the applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/ or adjacent premises
- this dispensation is non-refundable.
Data Protection Statement
The council use any data collected through the issuing of this Notice to Owner and associated statutory requirements for the enforcement of traffic contraventions and other associated purposes. This data may be disclosed to other enforcement agencies or the data may also use in connection with the prevention or detection of fraud or other crime. All processing of this data will be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We hold the information that you provide in both computerised and manual record systems. You are able to see a copy of the information held about you. For further information about this, please see our Privacy Statement page.