Through our social media channels you can expect regular news covering the following areas:
- Council news
- Public consultations
- Emergency information. For example, flood warnings, road gritting, refuse collections
- Job vacancies
- Key council meetings and events
- Live coverage of events. For example, elections, the Air Festival
We update and monitor our social media channels during office hours only, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
The Corporate Communications team reads all posts and will try to assist you wherever possible. However, if your request is serious or urgent or we are unable to help you on social media, we will ask you to contact our customer service team directly.
Posts to our Facebook pages
We welcome feedback and ideas and endeavour to join the conversation wherever possible. We do reserve the right to remove, without notice any comments/posts that are considered:
- not relevant to the original post
- unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or discriminatory
- repetitive or link spamming
- advertising products or services, or share personal information
Repeated abuse will result in permanent blocking from the relevant account.
We cannot engage on issues of party politics as outlined in the National Code of Conduct for Communications in local government. During the period of Purdah (the lead up to a general, European or local election) we reserve the right to remove posts which are of a political nature.