West Moors Road - Cobham Road
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A new shared use path on the north side of Wimborne Road East, between West Moors Road and the United Reformed Church
- Queens Road/Victoria Road junction upgraded with new crossings
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the north side of the road, between Pinewood Road and Cobham Road
- Eight bus stop locations upgraded along the route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- Footway at Ameysford Road/Church Road junction widened to provide a new shared path and improved crossing points
- A new shared path on the south side of the road, between Church Road and access into Ferndown Upper School
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians across the junction of Wimborne Road East and Stanfield Road
- The existing toucan crossing upgraded near Ferndown Upper School
- Improved shared path linking into Coppice Avenue
- Two alternative proposals for the improvements to the Cobham Road/Wimborne Road West junction:
- Option A: narrower lanes and junction layout adjusted to accommodate safe cycling and walking provision on the north side of the road
- Option B: ahead and left-turn movements combined into one lane on Wimborne Road West for eastbound traffic, to accommodate safe cycling and walking provision on the north side of the road. All vehicle movements at the junction would remain possible for both options
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.