The George Roundabout - Fernside Road
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A new protected one-way cycle track on the western side of High Street North
- A signed quiet route along St Mary’s Road with current restrictions to vehicle movement remaining at the junction of Garland Road and St Mary’s Road
- An existing crossing on Longfleet Road relocated to near Shaftesbury Road
- A new protected cycle track on both sides of Longfleet Road between Shaftesbury Road and the Bird’s Hill Road/Garland Road junctions
- Upgrades to existing crossing points
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Longfleet Road with Shaftesbury Road and Parish Road, and the junction of St Mary’s Road with Garland Road
- Upgrades to the junctions of St Mary’s Road and Longfleet Road with Fernside Road, including new traffic lights, new crossings and improvements to existing crossing points
- Changes to traffic signal timings at the junction of Longfleet Road and Fernside Road to improve bus journey times
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.