Sea View Road - Mannings Heath Mini Roundabouts
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the eastern side of Ringwood Road, between Sea View Road and the mini roundabouts, bypassing Old Wareham Road roundabout.
- A new southbound bus lane on Ringwood Road, between the mini roundabouts and Sea View Road
- The existing footpath would be converted to shared use on the western side of Ringwood Road, between St Clements Road and the mini roundabouts
- Improvements to existing crossing points along the route
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Ringwood Road and adjoining roads
- Changes to the road layout at the junction of Ringwood Road and Albion Close, with the dedicated right-turn lane removed. Vehicles will still be able to turn right from Ringwood Road at this location
- Improvements to Old Wareham Road roundabout, including new crossings and a shared use path, with the southbound bus lane and two-way cycle track on the eastern side bypassing the roundabout
- Five bus stop locations to be upgraded along route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- No right-turn from Ringwood Road into Rossmore Road and the access road to Halfords
Opportunities for improvements to bus journey times and cycling/walking facilities around Mannings Heath mini roundabouts are being explored and would be subject to further consultation.
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.