Mountbatten Roundabout – West Howe Roundabout
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the eastern side of Ringwood Road between High Howe Lane and Dominion Road
- Changes to traffic signal timings at the Mountbatten Roundabout to improve bus journey times
- The existing path behind Turbary Retail Park, connecting Wallisdown Road and Turbary Park Avenue, would be converted to shared use
- The existing footways upgraded to shared use on both sides of Ringwood Road between Mountbatten Roundabout and St Georges Drive
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians travelling at the junctions of Ringwood Road and adjoining roads
- A new toucan crossing on Ringwood Road, near the Paddington Grove junction, connecting to the upgraded shared use path on the western side
- A lower speed limit of 30 mph between the two roundabouts
- Five bus stop locations to be upgraded along route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- New planting installed at the junction of Dominion Road and the access road into Lidl, preventing vehicle movements. Vehicle access would remain into Lidl from Poole Lane
- The existing footway between Dominion Road and West Howe Roundabout would be converted to shared space, connecting into a new parallel crossing on High Howe Lane and existing facilities around the roundabout
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.