Longham Bridge - Longham Mini Roundabouts
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A new off-carriageway shared use route to the east of Ringwood Road, connecting Longham Bridge to Longham mini roundabouts, around the Golf Club. The route could alternatively connect to Christchurch Road at the main Golf Club access
- A lower speed limit of 30 mph on Ringwood Road
- The existing footway on the eastern side of the road converted to a new shared use path
- A new toucan crossing near the access road into Longham Lakes
- Six bus stop locations upgraded, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
Route options to the west of Ringwood Road are being assessed.
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.