Glenmoor Road - Victoria Road
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- Two alternative proposals for the cycling provision between Spinneys Lane and Victoria Road junctions:
- Option A: a new two-way protected cycle track on the western side of Ringwood Road, with on-street parking removed on that side as a result. Parking would be maintained on the eastern side of the road
- Option B: a new two-way protected cycle track on the eastern side of Ringwood Road, with on-street parking removed on that side as a result. Parking would be maintained on the western side of the road
- The existing shared use path on the western side of Ringwood Road to be resurfaced
- New crossings at the Ringwood Road/Spinneys Lane junction, with existing crossing points upgraded at the Church Road junction
- Four bus stop locations upgraded, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Ringwood Road and adjoining roads
- Two alternative proposals to upgrade the Victoria Road/New Road junction:
- Option 1: the junction would be upgraded with new crossings installed, connected by new shared use paths
- Option 2: the left-turn movements from New Road and Victoria Road onto Ringwood Road would be banned to make traffic flow more efficient as well as the junction be upgraded with new crossings and shared use paths
View the proposed design plan for 'Option A' here.
View the proposed design plan for 'Option B' here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.