Fernside Road - Sea View Road
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- A quiet route along Hunt Road
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the eastern side of Ringwood Road, between the Hunt Road and Sea View Road junctions
- New crossing points along the route
- Double yellow lines on Ringwood Road, between the Parkstone Heights and Hilton Close junctions
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Ringwood Road and adjoining roads
- Five bus stop locations to be upgraded along route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- A new shared path link along Dorchester Road connecting to existing provision on Foxholes Road
- Changes to the road layout around the Dorchester Road and Balston Road junctions, with dedicated right-turn lanes and central hatching removed. Vehicles will still be able to turn right from Ringwood Road at these locations
- Improvements at the Ringwood Road/Sea View Road junction, with new controlled crossing points and shared space for walking and cycling
View the proposed design plan here.
Work on the four-way junction where Fernside Road intersects with Hunt Road and St Mary’s Road in Poole is underway. View more information here.
Design work on the rest of the proposals is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.