Bear Cross Roundabout
Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne would connect with the Merley, Poole to/from Christchurch route at the roundabout
Public consultation for sustainable travel plans was undertaken between 10 May to 14 June 2021 and responses are available here.
- On the eastern arm, a new two-way cycle track running through the verge on the northern side of Wimborne Road
- On the western arm, a new one-way cycle track installed on both sides of Magna Road, with upgrades to street lighting and crossing points
- On the southern arm, a new shared path on the western side of the road
- New crossings and shared space around the roundabout, connecting the routes
- Five bus stop locations upgraded around the roundabout, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.