Redhill Roundabout - Broadway Roundabout
Merley, Poole to/from Christchurch
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 10 May to 14 June 2021 and a report summarising the results is available here.
- Quiet route along Wimborne Road service road, between Redhill Roundabout and Muscliffe Lane
- Signal upgrade at Muscliffe Lane junction, giving more priority through the junction for buses
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the northern side of the road, between Muscliffe Lane and Redbreast Road North
- Between Redbreast Road North and Broadway Roundabout, a new one-way protected cycle track installed on both sides of Castle Lane West
- Right-turn lanes and central hatching removed at the junctions of Charnwood Avenue and West Way. Vehicles will still be able to turn right at these locations
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Castle Lane West and adjoining roads
- Seven bus stop locations to be upgraded along the route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- Upgrades to existing crossing points and new crossings installed along the route
- An existing access point between the service road and Castle Lane West, on the north side of the road near Broadway Roundabout, to be closed to vehicles. Access would be maintained via alternative access points to the east and west
- Improvements to Broadway Roundabout, with new crossing points and separate space around the roundabout for those walking, cycling and driving
- Three bus stop locations on Castle Lane West to be upgraded, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
Route would connect to existing provision along Castle Lane West towards Castlepoint Shopping Centre.
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.