Longfield Drive - Kinson Roundabout
Merley, Poole to Christchurch
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 10 May to 14 June 2021 and a report summarising the results is available here.
- A new two-way cycle track running through the verge on the northern side of Wimborne Road continues from Bear Cross Roundabout, joining the one-way cycle track at Durdells Avenue
- A new one-way cycle-track installed on both sides of Wimborne Road, between Durdells Avenue and Home Road
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Wimborne Road and adjoining roads
- Changes to the road layout to provide space for the cycle track, including the removal of dedicated right-turn filter lanes and central hatchings between Tonge Road and Poole Lane. Vehicles will still be able to turn right at these locations
- Upgrades to existing crossings points along route
- Three bus stop locations upgraded along the route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- New planting at the junction of Wimborne Road and Oxford Lane, preventing access for vehicles. Access for cyclists and pedestrians would not be affected
- Parking and loading restrictions introduced between Oxford Lane and Poole Lane
Opportunities for improvements to bus journey times and cycling/walking facilities between Poole Lane and Horsham Avenue are being explored and would be subject to further consultation.
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.