Iford Roundabout - Fountain Roundabout
Merley, Poole to/from Christchurch
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 10 May to 14 June 2021 and a report summarising the results is available here.
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the north side of the A35 between Bridle Crescent and the existing crossing point at the south-western end of Iford Bridge
- A new two-way protected cycle track on the south side of the A35 between the existing crossing point at the south-western end of Iford Bridge and Bailey Roundabout, bypassing Jumpers Roundabout. On-street parking on Barrack Road would be relocated to adjoining roads to create space for the cycle track
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Barrack Road and adjoining roads
- New planting installed at the junction of Stourvale Avenue and The Grove, preventing access for vehicles. Access for cyclists and pedestrians would not be affected
- New toucan crossing points to be installed along route
- Up to eighteen bus stop locations to be upgraded between Cooper Dean Roundabout and Fountain Roundabout, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- Road layout revised at Bailey Roundabout, allowing east-bound traffic to bypass the roundabout, and a new parallel crossing installed on Bailey Drive
- The existing shared use path on the south side of Barrack Road would be improved between Bailey Roundabout and Fountain Roundabout, connecting into facilities at the Stour Road junction
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.