Canford Arena Way - Wood Lane
Merley, Poole to Christchurch
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 10 May to 14 June 2021 and a report summarising the results is available here.
- The existing footway on the northern side of Magna Road between Merley Lane and Knighton Lane would be converted to shared use
- The existing shared path on south side of Magna Road widened
- A new protected cycle track installed on both sides of Magna Road between Knighton Lane and Wood Lane, with a small section of shared use path between the junction and Wheelers Road on the south side. Access will be maintained to/from properties
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians at the junctions of Magna Road and adjoining roads
- Three bus stop locations upgraded along the route, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
- New toucan and puffin crossings along the route
- A lower speed limit of 30 mph along Magna Road, between the Knighton Lane junction and just east of King John Avenue
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.