Bear Cross Roundabout
Merley, Poole to Christchurch
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 10 May to 14 June 2021. A report summarising the results is available here.
The route would connect with the Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne route at the roundabout.
- On the eastern arm, a new two-way cycle track running through the verge on the northern side of Wimborne Road
- On the western arm, a new one-way cycle track installed on both sides of Magna Road, with upgrades to street lighting and crossing points
- On the southern arm, a new shared path on the western side of the road
- New crossings and shared space around the roundabout, connecting the routes
- Five bus stop locations upgraded around the roundabout, which could include accessibility improvements, new shelters and real-time information
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.