Upper Gardens cycle and walking improvements
Work on improving walking and cycling through Upper Gardens is now largely complete. Improvements include:
- widening and resurfacing the existing cycle/footpath through the gardens from the Square, along the south-west side of Upper Gardens to the entrance on Prince of Wales Road
- better night-time lighting to improve security
- improved wayfinding and signage
- widening of the existing footway on the eastern side of Prince of Wales Road and Queens Road, creating shared space for pedestrians and cyclists
- new crossing on Branksome Wood Road near the junction with Queens Road.
Watch this video to see the improvements:
To watch YouTube videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.
Plans for these improvements were put forward for public consultation in spring 2021. A report summarising the results is available here.