Bournemouth Town Centre to Ferndown
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 24 February to 31 March 2021. A report summarising the results is available here.
- New protected two-way cycle track on north-western side of Redhill Avenue – up to five highway trees may need to be removed opposite Redhill Park Fire Station to create space for the cycle track
- New crossing points and upgrades to existing crossings
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians across adjoining roads opposite Redhill Park
- New wayfinding signage through Redhill Park and Redhill Common and existing facilities widened, creating separate cycle and walking paths
- Reduction in speed limit from 40mph to 30mph on Redhill Avenue
- New cycling and walking link around Redhill Roundabout, with new crossing points over all arms
- Connections to further proposals along Whitelegg Way and Wimborne Road, for journeys towards Kinson and Castlepoint, respectively.
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.