Boundary Road - Ensbury Park
Bournemouth Town Centre to Ferndown
Public consultation on the proposals was undertaken 24 February to 31 March 2021. A report summarising the results is available here.
- New protected two-way cycle track on the southern side of Wallisdown Road, connecting to University Roundabout, with upgraded crossings
- New protected two-way cycle track on west side of Boundary Road, with parking removed at northern end to provide the space
- More priority for cyclists and pedestrians on Boundary Road across adjoining roads
- Reduction in speed limit from 40mph to 30mph on Boundary Road
- New crossing points and upgrades to existing crossings
- New walking and cycling provisions around Ensbury Park Gyratory, including new crossing points and cycling link around it, connecting to Redhill Avenue cycle track
- Up to five highway trees may need to be removed opposite Redhill Park Fire Station, to create space for the cycle track
View the proposed design plan here.
Design work is ongoing and further information will be provided at a later date.