TCF - Have your say
Public consultation on TCF’s sustainable travel routes is underway. Proposals for 78km of new cycling and walking routes and bus improvements across south east Dorset include:
- New and improved cycle and walking paths
- New pedestrian crossings and wider pavements
- Changes to road infrastructure to improve bus journey times
- Upgrades to existing, and installation of new, bridges
- Junction improvements prioritising pedestrians and cyclists
- New wayfinding signage and lighting
- Lower speed limits
- New bus shelters and real-time service information at bus stops
- Improved pavement access and crossings for people with mobility needs including drop kerbs and tactile paving
- Smart ticketing
The consultation is being run in two phases. The first phase for four of the six planned routes ran from 24th February until the end of March. These routes were:
- Bournemouth railway station to/from Jumpers Common, Christchurch
- Bournemouth town centre to/from Ferndown
- Poole town centre to/from Wareham Road, Holton Heath
- Poole town centre to/from Merley, Poole
Consultation on the two remaining sustainable travel routes is underway until 14 June 2021. These routes are:
- Poole town centre to/from Ferndown and Wimborne
- Merley, Poole to/from Christchurch
Sign up to Transforming Travel’s newsletter to receive notification once the consultation goes live and to be provided with regular updates thereafter.
Initial public engagement on outline plans for the routes was undertaken in November and December 2020. This was used to inform the final proposed design plans, which are now the subject of this new consultation.
Report summarising responses from this initial engagement.