Theme 2: quality places and homes
We will facilitate the development of an ambitious masterplan for Boscombe town centre creating a vibrant mixed use community and attractive public realm.
How do we plan on doing this?
Our proposals will include:
- the removal of Centenary Way and bus station
- restoring Haviland Road to provide better bus, cycle and walking access
- retention of the Sovereign Centre car park
- a new square on the pedestrianised section of Christchurch Road
- 560 homes (predominantly larger dwellings to support family living)
- a village/community hall
- a new medical centre
- 6,700 sqm retail and leisure floor space
- 4,800 sqm of commercial and community/health floor space