The Boscombe Towns Fund Strategic Board
The Board will be the vehicle through which the vision and strategy for the town is defined. This includes members from the local community, businesses, and other partners committed to improving Boscombe, Bournemouth.
Role of the Board
- To build on the legacy work of the Boscombe Regeneration Partnership and develop public-private-community projects and initiatives that will continue to deliver around the area’s needs.
- Establish, support and scrutinise the work of the various executive groups reporting to the board including the Delivery Board, Jobs and Training sub-group, Property sub-group, Partners and Key Stakeholders
- Develop the Town Investment Plan for Boscombe which seeks to transform the town’s development potential and economic growth prospects with a focus on improved transport, broadband connectivity, skills and culture.
- Provide support and challenge to officers and partners responsible for delivery, seeking to find solutions to barriers.
- Ensure we are well placed to secure Towns Fund funding through the Town Investment Plan.
Strategic board membership
- Chair: Jeff Mostyn - AFC Bournemouth
- Vice-chair: Councillor Lewis Allison - Cabinet Member, BCP Council
- Sophia Story - Dorset LEP
- Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood - Bournemouth East MP
- Councillor Mark Howell - Deputy Leader, BCP Council
- Graham Farrant - Chief Executive, BCP Council
- Paul Clarke - Coastal BID
- Peter Ruscoe - New River Retail
- David McArthur MBE - Jobcentre Plus/Dep't of work and pensions
- Mog Morrison - Boscombe Forum
- Harry Seccombe - Boscombe and Pokesdown Neighbourhood Forum
- Darren Mooney - Boscombe Creative Alliance
- Carol Maund - BEAF
See the full organisational structure