We're ready for summer across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
Respect, Protect, Enjoy
Across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole we're very proud of our award-winning coastline with over 15 miles of golden sand and 26 miles of harbourside landscape. We're also very passionate about creating happy, memorable moments for our residents as well as visitors to our area.
We’re a top holiday destination and we’re honoured that millions of people chose our shores for their annual holiday or short break – we welcome around 13million visitors a year which brings in around £1bn to the local economy, and supports more than 17,000 jobs directly. The livelihoods of many local residents rely on this visitor economy.
From our award-winning blue flag beaches with alfresco dining and drinks, to discovering our museums, galleries, open spaces, heritage trails and many local shops Beyond the Beach, we’re a safe and fun resort where everyone is welcome!
We’re gearing up for a spectacular summer with events starting soon, as well as cultural offerings and the iconic Bournemouth Air Festival in early September, so we’re putting in place extra resources to ensure that we are fully prepared and ready to welcome residents and visitors over the whole summer.
We know the key issues that our residents and businesses want to see addressed during these busy months, and we will be ready.
To ensure we're summer ready we have:
- additional staff to support in the management of our seafront over the summer, ready to respond to any issues that may arise
- put in place additional staff to manage car parks / arrival points
- stepped up our traffic management operations and our park and ride
- contracted a tow away company to deal with those who park irresponsibly
- put in place additional parking restrictions in key residential neighbourhoods
- got extra CSAS officers on the ground to deal with any ASB issues
- expanded our litter and waste collection service to help our resort look its best, with triple-sized bins along the seafront to deal with waste, and more daily collections along the seafront
- expanded our LV Kids Zone operations
- set up a park and ride scheme in Bournemouth to help with traffic during the warmer months, and visitor management
- put in place additional cleansing of our toilet facilities, and increased signage to residents and visitors to encourage them to take their rubbish away with them.
We're also updating our beach check app to include weather and tide times. This is coming soon!
Our multi-agency command control centre (MACC), which is led by in partnership with Dorset Police, is already in operation and will remain so until the end of September, ensuring we’re able to respond in real time to issues that arise when we get an increase in visitors.
In readiness for high traffic volumes, our traffic management officers will be at key locations and car parks, including:
- Sandbanks ferry
- Sandbanks car park
- Branksome Chine
- Alum Chine
- Bath Road North/South car park
- Overstrand and Sea Road car park
- Avon Beach car park
- Mudeford Quay car park.
Tow away zones will be in operation to deal with illegal parking, and our parking enforcement team are ready to be deployed in the peak summer months.
We are installing more electric barbecues along the seafront to reduce the use of disposable ones with 18 barbecues available for use over the summer months as well as expanded our beach patrols who will be in place to deal with incidents of overnight camping and bonfires.
We welcome everyone to our wonderful resort. We encourage you to treat things with care, respect others and pick up after yourself. We're lucky to live in this beautiful location and we want everyone who visits us to enjoy their holiday and leave with with the very best memories.
Have a great summer and please ensure you Leave only Footprints.