For the community
BCP Council Smart Place exists to deliver the best possible outcomes for the local people and businesses which make up our community. Three high-priority areas where we have started our development efforts are:
- health and social care
- mobility & the environment
- industry & logistics.
Health and Social care services
BCP Council Smart Place is working with public and private health and social care providers throughout Dorset. Together we are identifying and solving the biggest digital technology challenges that we face when caring for our community. These challenges include:
- reducing loneliness
- promoting active and healthy lifestyles
- tackling homelessness and suicide prevention.
Find out more about the health and social care challenges that Smart Place is working to tackle.
Mobility and the Environment
Both improving transport and reducing our impact on the environment are priority challenges across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, and the rest of the UK. BCP Council are working to find cutting-edge solutions to solve these challenges. Some of the outcomes we are developing are:
- promoting sustainable travel
- air quality monitoring
- protecting cyclists
- optimising waste and energy management
- revitalising the high street
- supporting tourism
Learn more about the challenges we are working to solve
Industry and Logistics
Supporting businesses within Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole benefits the local economy and the community. Smart Place is developing solutions to:
- help increase industrial productivity
- improve industrial logistics
- support the local supply chain
- better enable remote & home working.
Read more about the outcomes we are developing for industry and logistics