The government has updated its guidance to assist employers, employees and businesses.
This guidance provides advice on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- what to do if someone has symptoms of COVID-19 and has been in business settings eligibility for sick pay
See the latest government guidance
Working Safely during Covid19
The government, in consultation with industry, has produced a set of new guides to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.
In total 8 guides are available covering a range of different types of work and workplaces. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.
- Construction and other outdoor work - Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses - Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Labs and research facilities - Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centres - Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Other people's homes - Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people's homes.
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery - Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
- Shops and branches - Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles - Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
Support Available to Businesses
The guidance also provide details of the financial support available for details, more details of which can be found here