Discretionary grant scheme for small business support
The application window is now closed.
Who can apply
You can apply for funding if your local small business:
How we decide who receives funding
Priority will be given to businesses based on local needs and those identified by government.
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces
- Regular market traders
- Bed and breakfast premises which pay council tax instead of business rates
- Charities in receipt of Charitable Rate Relief, who otherwise would have received Small Business Rate Relief
- Tourism & hospitality sector – specifically small event management / catering firms and businesses with licences to trade on pontoon or similar
- Nurseries e.g. day nurseries, nursery schools
- Financial sector – small mortgage broker businesses
- Local care and health practitioners.
Deadline for applications
The application window closed on Monday 15 June.
The value of grants awarded will vary depending on business circumstances up to £10,000. In exceptional circumstances, taking into account local priorities and impact on residents of the area we may award grants up to £25,000.
Once applications are received we'll review them carefully to determine the allocation of available funding and final grant values, based on the number of applications received.
Payments will be made as soon as possible after this period of analysis and assessment.
The Discretionary Grant Scheme is an on-line only process. If you have any enquiries in relation to an application please contact us via email:
Full details of the scheme can be found in our BCP Council Discretionary Business Grant Scheme document.