Safer pathways and cycle paths
We've taken steps to make it easier to follow Government guidelines while you use pathways and cycle paths.
Pedestrian and cycle space on main roads
To make journeys on foot and by bicycle as safe as possible vehicles can no longer access:
- Boscombe Undercliff
- Broadway Road (approach to Hengistbury Head)
And to help encourage social distancing we have widened the footway on:
- Ashley Road (near Richmond Road)
- Southbourne Grove
- Wimborne Road in Winton (between Leslie Road and Cardigan Road)
In addition, we have new signs on Tuckton Bridge for safe one-way pedestrian routes.
While these are short term measures there is also a long term Transforming Cities Fund Programme which is being implemented over the next three years.
Creating more space
To support the Government guidelines we are also looking into how we can create more space:
- outside schools at drop off and pick up times
- at the busiest bus stops
- by temporarily moving bus stops
We are introducing new measures to maintain the low levels of road traffic for walking and cycling on residential streets.