Bins, recycling, collection services and banks
Changes to waste and recycling collections
We have made the difficult decision to suspend some of our waste collection services. We are continually monitoring the availability of our workforce and are prioritising services and making changes where needed.
- Bulky household waste collection service - has been suspended in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole until further notice. (Customers with bookings have been advised)
- Skip hire - skip hire service bookings will resume on 20 May
- Recycling banks - all of our recycling banks are closed.
- Commercial Weighbridges - Nuffield and Millhams were both closed to traders with effect from 24 March.
- new to you - our Poole-based reclaimed items shop will be closed until further notice.
We are prioritising our resources to ensure:
- Refuse and recycling and food waste - rounds can continue to run as normal across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
- Litter/dog waste bins – are frequently serviced with dog waste bins taking priority.
- Bin deliveries - urgent deliveries are still taking place.
- Mechanical and manual cleansing services – continue on our public roads, footpaths and open spaces.
Household Recycling Centres
Our Household Recycling Centres are reopening on Monday 11 May for residents who are unable to safely store additional waste at home and who have no alternative disposal options available.
Waste guidance for people with Coronavirus symptoms
If you are showing symptoms of coronavirus - a new, continuous cough and/or high temperature - you need to take extra precautions with your waste to protect others:
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths should be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags.
- These bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self-isolating.
- Do not put these bags into your wheelie bin for at least 72 hours.
People without wheelie bins who use authorised bags for their rubbish should place personal waste in a securely tied disposable rubbish bag (like a black bin bag/plastic bag) before placing in your sack.
Garden waste service resuming
Our garden waste service resumed across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole from Monday 20 April.
We had to suspend this service temporarily to allow us to prioritise rubbish, food waste and recycling collections due to staff absence, but a steady increase in staffing levels has enabled the service to resume across our conurbation.
We are resuming this service in the good faith that our staffing levels will remain stable and will notify you immediately if this position changes in the coming weeks.
Why these changes are necessary
We are making these changes now to make sure that we can prioritise services and provide them for as long as we possibly can. Changes allow us to deal with any staff absences due to sickness and self-isolation issues.
Our priority is to try to maintain essential services throughout the difficult weeks and months ahead and to do what we can to support the health and wellbeing of all our staff who are working hard to keep delivering these core services and protect residents.
Residents are being politely asked not to burn their waste. Those lighting bonfires are respectfully requested to consider their neighbours, who may be suffering from the virus, recovering, or have underlying medical conditions as smoke may exacerbate their problems and cause complications in their recovery.