Support for clinically extremely vulnerable residents
Updated guidance is now available for everyone in England who has been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19.
Restrictions are changing, but there are still risks from COVID-19, and you may wish to think particularly carefully about additional precautions if you are clinically vulnerable. For example, you may choose to:
- limit the close contact you have with those you do not usually meet, and take extra precautions when meeting others
- wear face coverings indoors and in crowded places
- ask friends and family to take a lateral flow test before visiting you and these can be picked up from a local pharmacy or ordered online
- consider going to the shops and pharmacy at quieter times of the day
- meet friends and family outside if possible
- open windows and doors or take other action to let in plenty of fresh air when meeting inside
- consider whether those you are meeting have been vaccinated
- continue to wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
In addition, we would urge you to get both vaccinations if you have not already done so, and to test for COVID-19 twice a week.