Winter warmth support
Support is available if you are struggling to afford utility bills such as gas, electric and water this winter.
The following funding options are available:
- pre payment meter vouchers up to £49 vouchers (three vouchers per household) can be issued to households economically affected by COVID-19 and unable to heat their homes
- Fighting Fuel Poverty (FFP): energy advice and income maximisation for households. Advisers also have access to £200 grants which can be awarded to families on means tested benefits who are struggling with fuel costs. Grant eligibility is not age related, but available to any household receiving FFP advice and who are unable to afford energy costs with their current level of income
- Surviving Winter Grants: £200 grants available to households in, or at risk of, fuel poverty
- Keep Warm for Less: delivery of advice to households with a disability/health condition to support them to access practical energy advice, grants and energy saving measures.
- Other Utilities support directly through the relevant companies, for example:
Citizens Advice can give you more information about these support options and help you apply. You can call them on 01202 081 732.
LEAP – helping you to be energy efficient in your own home
The Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP) are on hand to help people access a range of energy saving grants.