Household Recycling Centres
All of our Household Recycling Centres (HRC) remain open.
Please wear a face mask where possible when visiting our sites. We strongly advise you wash your hands before and after your visit.
There are still a number of safety measures in place at our HRCs:
- Controlled queuing of traffic as needed
- Visitors must bring ID (proof of residency, driving licence, Council Tax/utility bill) to access the facilities, which may be displayed through a closed car window
- Only 2 people will be able to get out of each car to unload waste
- Staff on site will not be able to help unload your vehicle or dispose of your waste
- Payment for chargeable waste will be with card only (preferably contactless)
- Personal waste (such as used tissues and used face masks) and disposable cleaning cloths should be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin or taken to a HRC.
- Access for vans is still controlled through the van permit scheme.
The opening hours for:
If queuing traffic becomes dangerous, the HRC may have to close to reduce traffic on surrounding roads.
Our commercial waste services are open:
- Millhams: 8:30am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Nuffield: 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday
Trailers may be used to drop-off waste at our HRCs but must be no larger than 1.8 metres x 1.2 Metres (6ft x 4ft).
Booking a visit
We are not currently operating a booking system for residents to access our HRCs.
While we will have control measures in place on site, you may want to ask a non-vulnerable family member or friend to take your waste to an HRC as needed.
We continue to:
- disinfect handrails and container lids regularly
- direct you to maintain effective social distancing which means we cannot offer help with unloading your vehicle
- advise only two people per vehicle may use each waste container (unless help is needed with lifting)
- accept only card/contactless payments for chargeable materials, so our staff and residents can avoid contact with cash
- ask that children don’t visit the site. If you have no alternative, please ensure they stay in the car
- expect you to respect direction from staff, they are working hard to keep the site safe and open.