Council housing for Bournemouth residents
Most of our staff are working remotely at this time and our offices remain closed to the public. However, we are still available to provide help and support, and you can continue to contact us at this time.
Our offices at the Kinson Hub remain closed but you can still contact us by telephone or e-mail, for:
We will stop carrying out the following work at this time until further notice –
- Internal improvements e.g. new kitchens and bathrooms (any that have started will be left in a usable condition).
- Non-urgent repairs in occupied homes
- Non-essential visits by building surveyors, housing officers and other staff
- Non-critical disabled adaptations (any that have already started will be left in a usable condition).
We will continue to provide the following services:
- Essential urgent and emergency repairs
- Servicing and compliance work e.g. gas servicing
- Critical disabled adaptations
- Work to empty homes to make them available for new tenants
- Welfare visits to vulnerable residents
- Visits to deal with serious tenancy breaches or anti-social behaviour
- Flat block inspections to communal areas
- Our cleaners will continue to visit flat blocks and do any cleaning required
- Communal gardening
- Lettings and mutual exchanges
- Collection of keys to empty homes
- Emergency response in senior living schemes
- Out of hours service
If we do have to visit your home to provide one of the above services or to deal with an urgent matter we will make sure that we maintain social distancing and wear appropriate PPE.
We will not visit you if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive unless it is absolutely necessary.
Libraries are now closed which will mean that we will only be able to arrange visits to the Kinson Hub if it is urgent and there is no other way of dealing with the matter.