Council housing for Bournemouth residents
The government announced new national restrictions to apply from 5 November to 2 December to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We recently opened up more of our services following the first national lockdown and we will continue to provide most of these in a safe way:
- all repairs including those that are non-urgent
- allocations and sign ups of empty homes
- mutual exchanges
- communal gardening and cleaning
- inspections of communal areas
- gas safety tests and other health and safety checks
- disabled adaptations
- minimal presence on senior living schemes to carry out inspections of communal areas and responding to emergency alarm calls
We will suspend our internal improvement work, for example new kitchens and bathrooms, in case we have to help provide services for other parts of the council. We will finish off any work that we have started.
We will continue to review the services that we provide.
Our offices at the Kinson Hub remain closed but you can still contact us by telephone or e-mail, for:
Where it is not possible to deal with issues remotely, we will arrange to visit you if it is urgent and safe to do so while maintaining safe social distancing. We will wear appropriate PPE when we visit you.
We will not visit you if you have symptoms of Coronavirus unless it is absolutely necessary.
Libraries are now closed which will mean that we will only be able to arrange visits to the Kinson Hub if it is urgent and there is no other way of dealing with the matter.