Bins, recycling, collection services and banks
Changes to waste and recycling collections
We are prioritising our resources to ensure:
- refuse and recycling and food waste - rounds can continue to run as normal across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
- litter/dog waste bins - are frequently serviced with dog waste bins taking priority
- bin deliveries - deliveries are still taking place
- mechanical and manual cleansing services - continue on our public roads, footpaths and open spaces.
Household Recycling Centres
Our Household Recycling Centres are currently open.
Waste guidance for people with coronavirus symptoms
If you are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) - a new, continuous cough and/or high temperature - you need to take extra precautions with your waste to protect others:
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths should be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags
- These bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self-isolating
- Do not put these bags into your wheelie bin for at least 72 hours.
People without wheelie bins who use authorised bags for their rubbish should place personal waste in a securely tied disposable rubbish bag (like a black bin bag/plastic bag) before placing in your sack.
Garden waste service
Our garden waste service is running as usual across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Residents are being politely asked not to burn their waste. Those lighting bonfires are respectfully requested to consider their neighbours, who may be suffering from the virus, recovering, or have underlying medical conditions as smoke may exacerbate their problems and cause complications in their recovery.