Skip to content
Our Way Out banner

Who to contact for help

National support is available 

The government/NHS have contacted many people to let them know how to get help. If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable and you haven't already been contacted by your GP or hospital clinician, make sure you tell the government so they can support you if needed. 

Register yourself, or on behalf of someone else.

Citizens advice

If you are struggling to pay for the cost of energy in your home (heating, cooking, lighting) or water bills (including sewerage) then a range of support is available. Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole are working in partnership with ourselves and the Together We Can initiative to provide help with affording utility bills. 

Need BSL (British Sign Language) support when contacting our helpline? 

You'll connect to a SignVideo interpreter and they will confirm the BCP Council COVID Helpline. You will then be connected and start the conversation in BSL.

Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please ensure you meet these basic requirements as a minimum:

Instant access with browsers:

  • Chrome/Firefox and Safari
  • iOS: 11 or above
  • Android: 4.4 or above
  • PC: Chrome/Firefox
  • macOS: Chrome (Safari 11 supported)

Sign Video Apps

  • Browsers: Chrome/Firefox and Safari
  • iOS: 9 or above
  • Android: 4.4 or above
  • PC/macOS: no browsers required

Bandwidth of at least 512 kbps upload and download

Community groups

Local groups are providing support during the coronavirus pandemic, including:

Our community directory provides information about services provided in the local area. 

Christchurch Community Partnership also has a useful list of local support