Public transport and Beryl Bikes
When travelling by public transport:
- wear a face covering on-board - wearing a face compulsory for all travellers over 11 unless you are exempt on medical grounds by law
- avoid rush hours and busy times if possible
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin
- follow advice on staying away from others
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
Do not use public transport if:
We're working closely with Morebus and Yellow Buses. Both bus companies are providing a modified level of service to reflect essential travel guidance, whilst continuing to provide journeys for key workers.
Local bus travel advice
Bike share - Beryl Bikes
The Beryl Bike share scheme continues to operate with 700 bikes available for hire across the BCP Council area. This provides a useful alternative transport option for essential journeys. Please see the current guidelines for using the bikes safely at present.
Guidance for staff in the transport sector
Government travel advice