Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses closed from 5 November to 2 December 2020
From Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December 2020, new restrictions are in place across England, including the closure of certain businesses and venues. This grant is for businesses that are required to close and include:
- all non-essential retail
- hospitality venues
- personal care facilities
- entertainment and tourism venues
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- Community facilities
- Places of worship.
A full list is available on the GOV.UK website.
To qualify for a grant your business must have been:
- open as usual before any restrictions were in place
- providing services in person to customers from the premises
- registered for business rates at the premises on 5 November 2020
- required to close due to the restrictions imposed by the government.
Nightclubs and sexual entertainment venues that have been unable to reopen in any form since 23 March 2020 are also eligible.
How much support you will receive
The payment amount will depend on the rateable value of the property as in the table below. The payment will cover the full four weeks from 5 November to 2 December 2020. Payments will be made as follows:
| Rateable value of premises|| Grant payment per 4 weeks|
|£15,000 or under
|£15,001 to £50,999
|£51,000 or over
- businesses which are able to continue to operate because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from their premises and can operate their services remotely eg. accountants, solicitors, etc
- businesses that have chosen to close but were not required to do so
- businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of lockdown
- businesses that have reached the state aid limit.
Apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for a closed business
If you have read the eligibility criteria and believe that you would qualify for this award, please make an application.
If your business is in Bournemouth
Apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for your business in Bournemouth
If your business is in Christchurch or Poole
Apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for your business in Christchurch or Poole
These grant payments count towards state aid. By accepting this grant, you must confirm that you are not in breach of state aid rules. Read more about state aid.
Additional Restrictions Grant
There is also discretionary support for businesses that do not have a business rates account and for businesses that are not required to close but are severely impacted by the mandated closures.