Additional Restrictions Grant (stream 1)
Payments for 16 February to 31 March 2021 period have now been issued. This scheme is now closed to applications.
Stream 1 for:
- businesses not on the rating list that are mandated to close under national lockdowns, Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions
- businesses severely impacted by closures under national lockdowns,Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions
Following the introduction of Tier 4 restrictions from Thursday 31 December and national lockdown from Tuesday 5 January businesses in the BCP Council area have been required to close. A full list is available on GOV.UK.
If you received an Additional Restrictions Grant Stream 1 payment for national lockdown 2 (5 November to 2 December 2020) you do not need to apply again. You will be contacted directly by email, quoting your original application reference, with an updated declaration to be completed and returned to enable further payment for Tier 4 restrictions from 31 December and national lockdown 3 from 5 January 2021.
To qualify for a grant for business closure your business must have been:
- open as usual before any restrictions were in place
- providing services in person to customers
- trading on 4 November 2020 for the November lockdown (lockdown 2), 30 December for the Tier 4 local restrictions or 4 January 2021 for the latest national lockdown (lockdown3)
- required to close due to the restrictions imposed by government.
To qualify for a grant for a business that has been severely impacted by the business closures your business must:
- have been severely impacted by those businesses that have been required to close due to the restrictions imposed by the government.
- have been trading on 4 November 2020 for the November lockdown (lockdown 2), 30 December for the Tier 4 local restrictions or 4 January 2021 for the latest national lockdown (lockdown3)
- wholly or mainly supply businesses that have been required to close or receive your whole or main business from businesses that have been required to close.
Please read the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme for full details.
How much support you will receive
The payment amount will depend on the rateable value of the property if you are a rate payer or fixed costs for the business if you are not a rate payer, and whether the business has been required to close or is severely impacted by those required to close. Details can be found in the scheme.
Exclusions for businesses that:
- were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of Tier 4 restrictions or national lockdowns.
- have reached the state aid limit
- have been required to close and are rate payers (please apply for Local Restrictions Support Grant)
- do not operate from a Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole premises.
Apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant - Stream 1
This scheme is now closed to applications.
These grant payments count towards state aid. By accepting this grant, you must confirm that you are not in breach of state aid rules. Read more about state aid.