Additional Restrictions Grant (stream 1)
Payments for 16 February to 31 March 2021 period have now been issued. This scheme is now closed to applications.
Stream 1 was for:
- businesses not on the rating list that were mandated to close under national lockdowns, Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions
- businesses severely impacted by closures under national lockdowns,Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions
Following the introduction of Tier 4 restrictions from Thursday 31 December and national lockdown from Tuesday 5 January businesses in the BCP Council area were required to close. A full list is available on GOV.UK.
The process for finalising the process for awarding top-up payments for national lockdown 3 from 1 April 2021 to 12 April 2021 has now completed. Payments have been issued. Please note that the Additional Restrictions Grant Stream 1 will not be awarding any further top-up payments for periods past 12 April 2021.
To qualify for a grant your business must have been:
- open as usual before any restrictions were in place
- providing services in person to customers
- trading on 4 November 2020 for the November lockdown (lockdown 2), 30 December for the Tier 4 local restrictions or 4 January 2021 for the latest national lockdown (lockdown 3)
- required to close due to the restrictions imposed by government.
To qualify for a grant for a business that had been severely impacted by the business closures your business must:
- have been severely impacted by those businesses that have been required to close due to the restrictions imposed by the government
- have been trading on 4 November 2020 for the November lockdown (lockdown 2), 30 December for the Tier 4 local restrictions or 4 January 2021 for the latest national lockdown (lockdown 3)
- wholly or mainly supply businesses that had been required to close or receive your whole or main business from businesses that had been required to close.
Please read the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme for full details.
How much support businesses received
The payment amount depended on the rateable value of the property for rate payers or fixed costs for the business if not a rate payer, and whether the business had been required to close or was severely impacted by those required to close. Details can be found in the scheme.
Exclusions for businesses that:
- were in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of tier 4 restrictions or national lockdowns.
- had reached the state aid limit
- had been required to close and are rate payers (please apply for Local Restrictions Support Grant)
- do not operate from a Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole premises.
These grant payments counted towards state aid. When accepting this grant, businesses must have confirmed that they are not in breach of state aid rules. Read more about state aid.