Additional Restrictions Grant (stream 2)
The Additional Restrictions Grant Stream 2 is now closed for applications.
Stream 2 of the Additional Restrictions Grant was set up to support local priority businesses in the sectors listed below:
- travel, for example, coaches, private hire
- cultural services including; independent cinemas, dance venues, theatres, concert venues, museums and heritage centres, galleries, performance-led venues, performance production/exhibition and festival production
- International visitor services for example language schools
To qualify for a grant, businesses must have been:
- part of one of local priority sectors identified above
- trading on 4 November 2020
- mandated to close due to the restrictions imposed by the government, or;
- have not been mandated to close but have been severely financially impacted due to the restrictions imposed by the government.
Please read the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme for full details.
How much support businesses received
The payment amount depended on the rateable value of the property for rate payers or fixed costs for the business if not a rate payer. Details can be found in the scheme.
This could be in addition to Local Restrictions Support Grant funding or Additional Restrictions Grant Stream 1 if the business was part of the local priority businesses listed above.
- businesses that were not part of the local priority businesses listed
- businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice had been made
- businesses that had reached the state aid limit
- businesses that do not operate from a Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole premises.
These grant payments counted towards state aid. By accepting this grant, businesses must have confirmed that they are not in breach of state aid rules. Read more about state aid on the GOV.UK website.