Adult social workers
Passionate about making a difference to people's lives
If you are passionate about delivering high quality social work, then by working for us, you can play a part in delivering the essential public services that improve lives and protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Whether you are newly qualified, more experienced or are returning to work after a career break, there will be opportunities for you to join our teams serving the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area.
In addition to living in an area with outstanding beaches and stunning countryside, we also offer excellent training, a competitive salary and other great benefits.
How we work
We support a culture that fosters excellence and collaboration – a place where social workers are empowered to be creative and share ideas and advice. The teams are structured to encourage and develop multi-disciplinary working, particularly with NHS partners.
We support our social workers to ensure they have the resources they need to make a difference where it counts.
As an adult social worker, you will:
- work in partnership with service users to enable them to live as independently as possible
- implement the principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- provide cover and support to the duty system
- carry out continuing health care assessments and safeguarding investigations
- ensure improved outcomes for vulnerable adults
- have an excellent working knowledge of the 2014 Care Act
- provide comprehensive support for ASYE applicants
- have an opportunity for a specialist role within the Sight and Hearing team.
Apply now to join our team
Hear what our staff say about working for us