Skip to content

Property bordering greenspace

If the boundary of your property backs onto a greenspace, you’re responsible for the upkeep of that boundary. This includes managing any vegetation which overhangs the boundary into your property. 

We’re happy for you to clear any vegetation affecting the boundary structure, such as a wall or fence. This includes clearing vegetation so you can paint a fence or removing ivy on a wall. 

Please do not remove any landscaping vegetation which is growing on our land. If you need access to your boundary from the greenspace, please try not to cause any damage to the vegetation or land.

You must apply for permission to access our land if vehicular access is required.

Keep in mind that you need to check the designation of any land or vegetation before you begin work on it. You’ll also need to dispose of any waste which you generate from the work. 

Vegetation damage to your property 

If vegetation on our greenspace has damaged your property, a claim for compensation can be made to us. This must be done in writing, via email or by post.  

Email or write to our insurance team at the Town Hall, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth BH2 6DY. 

Your letter or email must include: 

  • your full name and postal address 
  • the exact date and approximate time of the incident 
  • the exact location of the incident (including the postcode) 
  • circumstances of the incident 
  • full details of the loss suffered (if this involves a vehicle, please include the make, colour and registration number).