Skip to content

Access our land for building works

How to apply for access to council land for building work. 

If you’re a resident or contractor and need to cross our land to carry out your task, you must apply for a temporary Access Agreement at least 14 days before the work is due to start.  


It costs £50 plus VAT to gain access. If you need to access our land for longer than first agreed, it costs an extra £35 plus VAT per day.  

If the work you’re doing is likely to cause damage to our land, you’ll also have to pay a deposit when you apply. 

Applying for an Access Agreement 

First you need to complete and return an application form

Completed forms should be returned to

You could also print the form, complete it and post back to us.

If you've anything you’d like to discuss before completing the application form, email

Access for events 

If you want access to our land for an event, you must submit a different application form, available by emailing