Electric beach barbecues
Six communal electric BBQs have been installed on the seafront. These are free to use and available between 10am to 10pm, on a first, come first served basis.
The hot plate design will help reduce the use of disposable BBQs that are often left as litter, impact the environment and pose a risk when left under the surface of the sand.
Please note disposable BBQs can only be used on our beaches between 6pm to 10.30pm.
Before you arrive, check our beach guidelines and get up to the minute information on how busy the beaches and car parks are, by downloading our beach check app.
The new BBQs join the existing standard BBQ east of Boscombe pier. An additional four BBQs will be installed at Bournemouth, just to the East of Bournemouth pier.
Wheelchair accessible, these BBQs benches are 860mm high for ease of access to the cooktop by seated adults.
Electric BBQ guidelines
The BBQs are communal, please keep in mind the following.
- available on a first come, first served basis only
- be mindful who is next and try not to monopolise the BBQ
- BBQs cannot be held for commercial or monetary gain. No financial transactions can take place e.g. payment for food or drinks to the general public
- no large groups of over 30
- please note that the promenade cannot be used for unloading or for parking
- BCP Council Byelaws must be observed
- please look after your BBQ and help to keep it clean.
How to use the BBQs
Please follow the below instructions to use the BBQs safely.
- push and hold the START/STOP button for at least 6 seconds
- from cold the BBQ will take 3-7 minutes to reach cooking temperature, shown by a flashing red light as it heats
- once at temperature, the BBQ will beep and the light will change to static green giving you 20 minutes cooking time before switching off automatically
- when the metal plate is hot, please use caution
- to switch off the BBQ at any time press the START/STOP button for 3 seconds
- push any excess fat into the catch tray below and wipe the plate down after use
- follow good food hygiene practices
- clean up after yourself and don't leave a mess for others
- please wait until it has cooled before leaving it unattended
- be considerate of other people around you
- Dispose of any rubbish or leftovers responsibly.
For more information or to report a problem, please speak to a member of the Seafront team.