Electric beach barbecues (BBQs)
Electric beach barbecues (BBQs) are available on the seafront. They are free for everyone to use and enjoy between Easter and 31 October from 10am to 10pm, on a first come, first served basis.
Before you arrive, review our beach guidelines for the area you are visiting.
Electric barbecue locations
|Location||Standard BBQ||Accessible BBQ|
Branksome Chine, Poole
Bournemouth - To the east of Bournemouth pier just before Harry Ramsden's
Boscombe, To the east of Boscombe Pier, opposite Urban Reef
Portman Ravine, east of the zig zag towards Fisherman's Walk
Fisherman's Walk, between Boscombe and Southbourne
Wheelchair accessible, these BBQs benches are 860mm high for ease of access to the cooktop.
Electric BBQ guidelines
The BBQs are for everyone to use. Please note:
- BBQs are available on a first come, first served basis only
- you cannot use the BBQs for commercial or monetary gain. No financial transactions can take place e.g. you can't sell food or drinks
- be considerate of people waiting, don't monopolise the BBQ
- no large groups of over 30
- the promenade cannot be used for unloading or for parking
- BCP Council Byelaws must be observed
- look after your BBQ and help to keep it clean
- do not use disposable BBQs on the electric hotplate as they damage the surface.
How to use the BBQs
Please follow the below instructions to use the BBQs safely.
- push and hold the START/STOP button for at least 6 seconds
- the BBQ takes 3 to 7 minutes from cold to reach cooking temperature, as it heats it shows a flashing red light
- once at temperature, the BBQ beeps and the light changes colour to a static green, you have 20 minutes cooking time before the BBQ switches off automatically
- when the metal plate is hot, please use caution
- to switch off the BBQ at any time press the START/STOP button for 3 seconds
- push any excess fat into the catch tray below and wipe the plate down after use
- follow good food hygiene practices
- clean up after yourself and don't leave a mess for others
- please wait until the BBQ HAS cooled before leaving it unattended
- be considerate of other people around you
- dispose of rubbish or leftovers responsibly
For more information or to report a problem, please speak to a member of the Seafront team.
The new electric BBQs help reduce the need to use disposable BBQs. These are often left as litter, impact the environment and pose a risk when left under the surface of the sand.
Disposable BBQs can only be used on our beaches between 6pm to 10.30pm.