Dogs on beaches
Dogs are allowed on all beaches from 1 October to 30 April. At all times you must clean up after your dog. Failure to comply risks a fine of up to £1000.
From 1 May to 30 September dogs are not allowed on any of our Blue Flag or Seaside Award beaches and dogs must be kept on the lead on all promenades, piers, zig zags and footpaths.
The beaches that can be used for dog walking all year round are:
- Alum Chine Beach Office to Branksome Dene Chine, Poole
- Middle Chine to Durley Chine
- Fisherman’s Walk, Southbourne
- Hengistbury Head.
- Mudeford Sandbank
- Gundimore Beach
- Friars Cliff Beach (only between the wave wall and Groyne H4 at Highcliffe Beach)
- Highcliffe Beach (no dogs between groynes H4 and H8 from 1 May to 30 September).
- eastern side of Branksome Chine beach office to Alum Chine Beach Office, Bournemouth
- western end of Sandbanks beach to Haven Point by the chain ferry
- Hamworthy beach.
Download our dog friendly beach map for Bournemouth and Poole and Christchurch.
Guide dogs are allowed on all our beaches all year round but only when working, in a harness and controlled by a lead.