Skip to content
Coast Banner

Money and debt advice for council tenants

Note: This information is only for council tenants in Bournemouth properties. If you’re a council tenant in a Poole property, please visit the PHP website.

Get free help and advice for money worries or debt problems if you're a council tenant.

How our money advisor, Karen, can help you.

Advice on how to:

  • increase your income manage your money if things are spiralling out of control
  • claim all the benefits you are entitled to put together a budgeting planand
  • information about grants made by charities which may be able to help you.
  • education, employment and training advice.

Karen can meet you at a convenient location or even in your own home. 

How to make an appointment

Call 01202 123 300 or email

Alternatively, you can speak to your Housing Officer or Kinson Hub reception to make an appointment. 

More help to deal with debt problems

You may be entitled to claim Universal Credit. Apply as soon as possible, as some changes cannot be backdated.

Use the online benefits calculator or make an appointment with our money advisor to check you're getting all the help that’s available to you.