Skip to content

Private homes needing adaptations

If you’re resident in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole and your home needs adapting, you may be entitled to a Disabled Facilities Grant to help make the changes you need.   

Adapting privately rented accommodation   

If you require adaptations to be made to your property, contact your landlord in the first instance. This could be your housing association or, if you're a council tenant, Poole Housing Partnership if you live in Poole or BCP Housing if you live in Bournemouth. 

If you need care or support to stay in your rented accommodation, you may be able to get help from our adult social care service. 

If you’re unable to resolve the issues, consider your housing options.